Keeping up-to-date in this age of information overload can be difficult. But not anymore. Mobile Medica has a convenient, cost-effective solution - APPRISOR. APPRISOR is a world class content delivery system specifically designed for medical organizations. In the APPRISOR™ system, Mobile Medica provides a single source for document creation and delivery via our robust and freely distributed document viewers for either Palm OS® or Microsoft Pocket PC handhelds. Each APPRISOR™ document can be read on both Palm OS® or Pocket PC OS systems, and even transferred between the two. APPRISOR™ supports Palm OS® 3.0 and above including OS 5 and Pocket PC 2002 on ARM, XScale, MIPS, or SH3 processors.
Why use APPRISOR
APPRISOR is positioned to be the standard for dissemination of content by medical organizations whose members carry handhelds. The APPRISOR viewer and documents represent the state-of-the-art in features and formatting support for handheld devices.
- THOROUGH. Created specifically for medical content including bookmarks, tables, embedded images and diagrams, superscripts, subscripts, lists, colored text, multiple font sizes and styles, special characters, and many more formatting features.
- ACCESSIBLE. Deployed quickly through the APPRISOR website so your organization doesn't have to provide support or add features to your web site.
- CONTROLLED. The APPRISOR documents may be "beamed" from user to user free of charge to encourage distribution or may be "beam" restricted. In addition, the documents may have pre-defined expiration dates, after which the content is no longer accessible.
- NIMBLE. Search within a single document or globally across all documents within a category. Link within documents or between documents for rapid access to related, or more in depth content.
- CONVENIENT. Customizes to the users' preferences for font size, scroll bar location, document sort order, and document categories. Our APPRISOR™ viewer for Palm OS® and Pocket PC 2002 support the latest operating systems and hardware specific features as well as document storage and retrieval from the latest expansion memory cards. For compatibility, users who have purchased the industry-leading third-party iSilo™ Document Reader for Palm OS® or Microsoft Pocket PC OS can also view APPRISOR™ documents.
Differentiating Features of APPRISOR
The APPRISOR viewer and documents represent the state-of-the-art in features and formatting support for handheld devices.
- All APPRISOR documents are optimized with Mobile Medica's successful formatting style which is specifically geared for medical content for maximum legibility, accessibility, and usability, while retaining the author organization's branding and "feel."
- The APPRISOR™ viewer is available for both Palm OS® and Pocket PC, while all APPRISOR™ documents are cross-platform compatible and can even be transferred directly between Palm OS® and Pocket PC OS devices.
- The APPRISOR viewer and documents are available for download on the APPRISOR website along with detailed user instructions, FAQ's, and access to email support, so your organization doesn't have to provide support or add features to your web site.
- The APPRISOR document viewer supports the latest handheld OS and hardware specific features such as color, high resolution, thumbwheel scrolling, and landscape display.
- Not only are APPRISOR documents efficiently compressed to reduce file size, the APPRISOR viewer supports expansive document storage and retrieval using industry-standard removable media such as SD, MMC, Sony Memory Stick, or CompactFlash cards.
- APPRISOR documents support bookmarks, tables, embedded images, hyperlinks within and between documents, superscripts, subscripts, lists, colored text, multiple font sizes and styles, special characters, and many more formatting features.
- The APPRISOR viewer supports robust text searching features including, forward and reverse searching, case matching or not, and searching within a single document or globally across all documents within a category.
- In addition to optional copy, edit, or "beam" restrictions, APPRISOR documents may have pre-defined expirations dates, after which the user may no longer access the content.
- The APPRISOR viewer is highly customizable to suit end users' preferences for font size, scroll bar location, document sort order, and document categories. Users can even assign convenient APPRISOR™ functions to their handheld’s hardware buttons, such as scrolling a page automatically, or jumping to bookmarks.
- But most important, the APPRISOR viewer is available for free from our web site.